So far, 16 developers have requested an idea.
- venomblood: Bubblebomb, Selexion
- kcaz_rel: Monk Tactics, Paint Physics
- Mini Chris: Swan Song, Bacon Frenzy
- Oknavi: Drifter
- Incrue: Pique
- freelanceflashgames: Lava Land, Garden Chomp
- TobiHeidi: Gridslime, Random Lulz
- IvyGames: Randori, Salmon Song
- FullerGames: Collink, Tumblestack
- triqui: City Basher
- kokosan: Metastability, Prejudice
- Geekman: Freetrace, Databomb
- rudy_sudarto: City of Reeds, Spherecraft
- Cam: Scale Up, Can Has Cake
- Danny: Refreshment Defense, Poong
I recently decided to write a list of all the Flash game ideas I've thought of over the past few years. I was somewhat alarmed to find that I had a frighteningly large number of them - close to one hundred distinct ideas, some good, some bad - and realized that I'd never have time to make them all. So, I went about putting the games into various categories in order to prioritize and figure out which ideas are most important to me and which I don't really care about so much. I ended up with maybe 45 ideas that are special to me, plus a couple from other people I'm collaborating with.
That leaves me with around 50 ideas that I most likely will never make. I've decided that I'd like to start giving them away to game developers in need. If you're a developer who needs an idea, this is the place to post your request. Tell me what you're looking for and I'll see if I have a game concept that fits your need. And if any other developers would like to join in and contribute their own ideas to the pool, that would be great too.
I'm doing this because I'd hate to see all these ideas go to waste. And if I can help some people out by giving these ideas away for free, great. Just to be absolutely clear, I don't want money for this, but I do ask that if you use an idea that I give you, please have a credits page in your game and put "axcho" in it somewhere. Somewhere visible, preferably. ;)
Looking for a game idea that you can implement, modify, or just be inspired by? Let me know and I'll do my best to provide you with the concept that's right for you.
If you want me to send you a game idea, please tell me...
- what sort of game idea you're looking for
- what your goals are in making this game
- what games you've made already
- your favorite Flash games
- your abilities in game design, programming, art, and sound
- your preferences in game design, programming, art, and sound
The Game Idea Giveaway Thread is currently closed to new requests! I'll consider opening it up again once I've finished filling all the existing requests.