2007/01/15

The Fisix Engine

The Fisix Engine has been released! If you haven't heard of it before, it's a physics engine for Flash that lets you easily make games with ragdoll physics. It's not completely done yet, but you can still download it and try it out.

The cool thing about it is that it is so professionally done. It even has an API documentation page where you can browse through descriptions of all its packages and classes, just like Java does! The downside is that it is only for ActionScript 3.0, which is not completely done yet, and not integrated into Flash 8. You have to download some separate programs to get it all working, which is something I haven't gotten around to doing yet. And of course Flash programs you make with AS3 will not work for people who don't have the latest version of Flash Player.

That said, it is worth looking into, especially as AS3 becomes more widespread. I've registered on the forums, and have already made a few posts. I think it will be fun. :)

That reminds me, I still haven't gotten around to posting on the Tale of Tales forum. :/ Maybe I'll think of a good game design topic to post there. Sometime.

No comments: